Here are seven commonly known proverbs and idioms followed by how Christopher completed the sentence:
- Don't change horses mid-stream.
- Never underestimate the power of (prayer, a woman etc.). Before answering Christopher asked me what underestimate meant. I told him it meant to misjudge.
- Love all, trust few.
- A leopard can't change his spots.
- Don't bite off more than you can chew.
- If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Before answering Christopher asked what succeed meant. I said that fail was opposite of succeed.
- You get out of something what you put into it.
To share this article on Facebook, Twitter, etc. click Share article in the comments section.
If you enjoy kids quotes and anecdotes search this blog for The Christopher Chronicles.