Today’s (Optional) Writing Prompt: How do you feel about change? Do you like routine and predictability? Does it bring you comfort or discontent? Talk about it in general or tell us a specific story about a big change in your life and how you feel about it.
I could eat the same boiled egg and piece of toast for breakfast five days a week. I could walk the same path in the same neighborhood listening to the same playlist of music and be content. But let there be a smudge on the wall and I’ll want to repaint an entire room. No I’ve never done that, I just used the good ole Magic Eraser to get rid of the smudge.
I believe discontent comes from disregarding the things that need to be changed. Not all discontent can be restored with a Magic Eraser or removed by painting over it. Sometimes change needs to be stripped of its coveralls, resized and redressed.
But starting new doesn’t have to mean starting over. When change is stripped to the bare bones, for me it means peeling back the layers and restyling them.
Here’s the thing...I have some writing projects that need reconstruction but I’m thinking about repainting that room instead. Perhaps the inspiration to write lies in a new paint color. Any suggestions?
This 5 minute Stream of Consciousness was inspired by: PROCRASTINATION
It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.